Low-carb Chicken Salad With Chipotle Ranch Dressing
This Low-Carb Southwest Chicken Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing is a good main-dish salad for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet, including any phase of the South Beach Diet.
Servings 2 people
DRESSING INGREDIENTS (MAKES ABOUT 2.5 CUPS DRESSING)
- 2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 2 cup Diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- 4 cup Chopped Romaine lettuce
- 6 pcs Sweet mini-peppers Seeds cut out and sliced
- 1/4 cup Chopped cilantro
- 2 oz. Sliced olives Optional
- 2 cup Grated cheese
- Put salsa in food processor and puree about one minute with steel blade. Add Ranch Dressing and ground Chipotle and process 30 seconds more, or until well combined.
- Chill dressing 1-2 hours if possible.
- Mix diced chicken with desired amount of salad dressing and set aside to marinate while you prep other ingredients.
- Coarsely chop the lettuce and spin dry with salad spinner or dry with paper towels.
- Combine lettuce, red pepper and cilantro in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in chicken with dressing and mix lightly, until dressing is distributed throughout salad.
- Add the grated cheese and olives and stir gently a few more times, then serve.
Recipes source: https://kalynskitchen.com/
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are 'affiliate links.' This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.