Keto Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites
- Bacon fat or butter, for coating the pan
- 9 Large eggs
- 3/4 cup Grated Gruyère cheese
- 1/3 Cup cream cheese
- 1/2 tbsp Kosher salt
- 6 slices Thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350°F. Coat an 8×8-inch (broiler-safe if you want a browned top) baking dish generously with bacon fat or butter.
- Place the eggs, Gruyère, cream cheese, and salt in a blender and blend on medium-high speed until very smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into the baking dish. Sprinkle with the bacon. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Pull the oven rack halfway out of the oven. Place a roasting pan on the oven rack. Pour in 6 cups of very hot tap water. Set the baking dish of eggs into the roasting pan. Bake until just set in the middle, 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Carefully remove the roasting pan from the oven. Remove the baking dish from the roasting pan and uncover. (For a browned top: Heat the oven to broil. Broil until the top is golde- brown, 4 to 5 minutes.) Cut into 9 squares and serve.
Recipes source: www.thekitchn.com